Pure Kashmiri Saffron. It is the onset of September Around the dense streets of Pampore where massive land areas spread boundlessly These arid-looking lands give birth to the most expensive spice flowers and turn this earthy expansion into a lavender canvas Saffron… Handpicked by owners of the land, the crocus flowers are collected in large quantities at the start of the winter season in Kashmir A huge 150000 flowers generate a mere 1 kg of saffron The strands, just 3 in the flowers, are handpicked and collected separately This is a family affair, and each member of the family contributes in separating strands from the flowers. Sorting is done of the wet strands, which are too moist to make a spice, and needs drying later Sorting is mostly done by men of the family, who sit in groups for days together to separate pure threads from superfluous ones. Pure strands are even passed through a sieve to filter any impurities or broken parts. Clean strands then go through winnowing which separates the yellow part from the red ones. Any yellow part left is handpicked with tweezers All the parts of the crocus flower have their own uses, and hence are stored for different purposes Over 15000 families in Kashmir cultivate saffron. Over three generations in some families have been associated with the cultivation of this precious spice.
Why does Kashmiri saffron is the world’s most expensive?
You may still end up wondering exactly why it’s so costly. The answer, in short, is that it’s extremely tricky to reap. The crocus only blossoms during a brief period in the fall. Once a flower blooms, it must be harvested that very same day, because it begins to wilt before long. Each flower contains only three delicate stigmas, it takes 50,000 flowers to yield one pound of dried saffron. Considering the intensive work needed for a relatively small yield, Saffron is so expensive. and so, we Kashmir Origin team stand here, to try and do justice to the standard and price of this exquisite spice.
Healthy Benefits Of Kashmiri Pure Saffron?
It’s believed to offer a range of health benefits. Here are some of the potential benefits of consuming Kashmiri saffron:
- Rich in antioxidants: Saffron contains a number of antioxidants that may help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals. This may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- May improve mood: Some studies have suggested that saffron may have mood-boosting effects and may help reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- May improve brain function: Saffron contains compounds that may improve brain function and memory and may help protect against age-related cognitive decline.
- May reduce inflammation: Saffron has anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce inflammation throughout the body and lower the risk of chronic diseases such as arthritis.
- May help regulate blood sugar: Some studies have suggested that saffron may help regulate blood sugar levels in people with diabetes, which could help reduce the risk of complications associated with the disease.
Buy Kashmiri Kesar with Zero Additives Online At the Best Price
Looking to buy saffron online? Shop with Kashmiri Origin!
We know the importance of getting the real deal. This is why we take such great measures to guarantee that our Kashmiri kesar is free of any adulterants or dyes.
Our saffron has a flavor and aroma, unlike any other spice. We harvested by hand in the fertile valley of Kashmir, where the altitude, temperature, and moisture levels all combine to make for ideal growing conditions for the spice. Saffron is a precious spice grown by trained farmers who have perfected the art of growing this ingredient over many years.
The “mongra,” or rich red threads, in our Kashmiri Origin Saffron, are what set it distinctive. These strands are highly sought after because of their potent perfume and delicious taste. So, unlock the essence of true Kashmiri Kesar flavor with us!